Keeper Of The Cloud
The story of my 10K vEveresting
(if you don't know what Everesting is, go here now: https://everesting.cc/, I'll wait.)
- Pre-event checklist with all the items/tasks required: This had everything from phone charger to cycling shoes
- List of things to do: for example, set trainer difficulty at 100%, go to sleep by 9pm, let the kids know what's going on, etc
- Pace sheet: to mark off those climbs, note the times, notes, etc
- Event Strategy: the overall plan. In my case, it included the pacing, nutrition, hydration, breaks, and other bits like bike selection and route.
"Only 9 more to go! Not going to stop now, am I?"
- Because it's harder
- It's just another ADZ climb and a bit. I completed the 10th climb and did not stop at 10,000m, and that was the plan
- Knowing that a 10K was on my list, having to do everything again just for that extra small part above 8848 seems like a waste of time. Might as well do it now, it's as close as it gets
- I was fully trained, prepared, ready, and had the support around me and time available. Who knows when I'll get another chance?